Privacy & Cookies
MPA Financial Management Limited (“we” “us” “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are the data controller and will process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (incorporating the General Data Protection Regulation 2016) and any national laws which relate to the processing of personal data (“data protection legislation“).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding Your Data and how we will treat it.
This policy applies to information we collect about:
- Visitors to our website
VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
We may collect and process personal data about you in the following circumstances:
- when you complete the online contact forms on our website (“Site”) providing us with your name, email address and contact number;
- whenever you provide information to us when reporting a problem with our Site, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- when you visit our Site, we will retain details such as traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access (see section on Cookies below); and
- whenever you disclose your information to us, or we collect information from you in any other way, through our Site.
We may also collect data in the following ways:
We may collect information about your device, including where available your Internet Protocol address, for reasons of fraud protection. We may also collect information about your device’s operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We may use your personal data for our legitimate interests in order to:
- provide you with information, or services that you requested from us;
- respond to an enquiry submitted via our online contact forms;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so;
- ensure that content from our Site are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- improve our Site and services;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you; and
- contact you for marketing purposes where you have signed up for these (see section Disclosure of Your Details below for further details).
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. Please note that if you follow a link to any of these websites, such websites will apply different terms to the collection and privacy of your personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check before you submit your information to these websites.
We will collect details such as name, address, email address, contact number, date of birth, national insurance number and financial information in order to provide services to customers. We may also receive details of credit checks undertaken where you have supplied these to us.
We will share customer personal information with our employees to manage our relationship with you and we will retain customer personal data for the longer of (i) 6 years OR (ii) 3 years after any contract we have arranged ends, ceases, matures, OR (iii) the term required by Legal or Regulatory requirements.
We will use your personal data provided to comply with our contractual obligations arising from the agreements we enter into with our Customers and share the data with financial institutions who can assist in the provision of financial services to customers including product providers, lenders, banks, insurers, fund managers, platform and software providers.
We will use customer personal data for our legitimate interests including:
- with your consent, marketing our other products and services by mail and email; and
- with your consent, obtaining your sensitive personal data from third parties including your health, ethnic origin, or criminal prosecutions from third parties such as employers and credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and other similar organisations.
- We will not transfer any customer personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
We will collect details such as contact names, address, email address and telephone number in order to contact you about goods and/or services we have ordered from you, to comply with our contractual obligations and to place further orders. We may share your personal data with our employees to manage our relationship with you and we will keep your personal data for as long as we require your goods and/or services subject to a maximum of 6 years from the date of our last contact with you. We will not transfer your personal data outside the EEA.
We may use customer personal data to bring to your attention additional products or services which may be of interest to you.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving this information at any time. To opt-out of receiving such information you can:
- tick the relevant box situated in the form on which we collect your information;
- clicking the unsubscribe button contained in any such communication received; or
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01564 795997 providing us with your name and contact details.
Where you have subscribed to receive marketing correspondence from us we will keep your personal data until you unsubscribe from receiving such correspondence from us.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with data protection legislation we are required to notify you of the legal basis upon which we process your personal data. We process your personal data for the following reasons:
- for performance of a contract that we enter into with you;
- where necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we are subject to; and
- for verification our legitimate interests (as described within this policy).
We will also process your personal data including personal sensitive data where we have obtained your explicit consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
In addition to the third parties mentioned previously in this policy, we may disclose your personal data to third parties for the following legitimate business purposes:
- staff members, in order to facilitate the provision of services to you;
- IT software providers that host our website, provide services to us and store data on our behalf; and
- to a prospective buyer of some, or all of our business or assets, in which case personal data including Your Data will also be one of the transferred assets.
We may disclose your personal data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not sell or distribute your personal data to other organisations without your approval.
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
We do not transfer personal data outside the EEA, except to where the European Commission has decided that the third country, a territory or one or more specified sectors within that third country, or the international organisation in question ensures an adequate level of protection.
Information you provide to us is shared on our secure servers. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to secure your information against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
ACCESS TO, UPDATING, DELETING AND RESTRICTING USE OF YOUR DATA
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes.
Data protection legislation gives you certain rights in relation to your personal data. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances and to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided.
You can also ask us to undertake the following:
- update or amend your personal data if you feel this is inaccurate;
- remove your personal data from our database entirely;
- send you copies of your personal data in a commonly used format and transfer your information to another entity where you have supplied this to us, and we process this electronically with your consent or where necessary for the performance of a contract;
- restrict the use of your personal data; and
- provide you with access to information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. Data protection legislation may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all the personal data that we hold about you or to comply with any requests made in accordance with your rights referred to above. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal data, or process any other request we receive, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Please send any requests relating to the above to our Privacy Officer, Phil McGovern at MPA Financial Management Ltd, 98 High Street, Henley-In-Arden, Solihull, B95 5BY, specifying your name and the action you would like us to undertake. Note that in relation to requests to access personal data, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of data processing based on consent before it is withdrawn. To withdraw your consent please contact us at The Privacy Officer, MPA Financial Management Ltd, 98 High Street, Henley-In-Arden, Solihull, B95 5BY.
Last updated: 15 July 2021
Cookies are information packets sent by web servers to web browsers and stored by the web browsers. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
Analytics cookies are used to understand how users engage with our website, improve performance and monitor statistics to provide the most relevant and useful content to you.
Cookies on website
This website avails of Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website.
_ga used to distinguish users
_gid used to distinguish users
_gat used to throttle request rate
This website also uses the following cookies
cb-enabled This shows a privacy/cookie alert notice. It is used to record when the user
has dismissed the notice to prevent it re-appearing on return visits
ANONID Identifies visit sessions and is used to aggregate page usages.
ANONID_FS Holds the creation date of the ANONID cookie
X-Mapping The X-Mapping cookie is used to route data and page requests to
the correct server where a site is hosted on multiple servers.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
In mac OS highsierra visit https://support.apple.com/en-ae/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
For iOS devices https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.